Announcement |

We warmly invite you to our 2023 Open Evening / Option Evening! Tuesday 2nd August, 4pm – 7.30pm. Click here for more information.


When is Albany Junior High School open?

  • Our school is open at 8:15 am every morning during term time, Monday to Friday. Lessons start at 8:40 am and school closes for the day at 3.15 pm.
  • The school terms are given on the school web site along with public holidays when the school is closed.

What do I need for the classes?

  • Make sure that you always have a pencil, pen, ruler and eraser with you every day. Your teacher will tell you what exercise books you need.
  • For the specialist classes – construction technology, food technology, fabric design technology and art – you need to wear your college style black leather shoes.
  • When your class has PE you will need your PE shirt and shorts.
  • Bilingual Dictionary for all classes.
  • If you require a copy of the Stationery Requirements please click on the appropriate Year level below:
  • Year 7
  • Year 8
  • Year 9
  • Year 10

What if I am sick or cannot come to school?

  • If you are sick, or for any other reason cannot come to school, please make sure that your parent/caregiver contacts the school either by phoning Absences on 415 5473 extension 636 or report it online here or emailing When you return to school you will need to have a written note explaining your absence. If you are away for 3 days or more the school will require a Doctors Certificate.
  • If you feel sick at school, or if you hurt yourself, you need to go to the Health Centre and the school nurse who will look after you and if necessary contact your parents/caregivers.
  • If you have an appointment during the school day and have to leave school, or you miss a day as a result of the appointment, your parent/caregiver will need to let the school know in advance through a written note. They must also sign you in and out through the Student Reception in the main Admin building.

What if I change my address, phone number or some health information changes?

  • If any of your personal details change (address, phone number or caregiver details) your parent/caregiver must let the school know as soon as possible. This can be done by clicking here for a Change of Details Form (also available from Student Reception).  Alternatively please send an email, fax or letter to the School Office. The School will require to take a copy of a power bill within six weeks of change of address.
  • If you have any changes to health information please click here or pick up a Health Information form, also available from Student Reception.

What about breaks and ordering lunch?

*Snacks and other food can be ordered for lunch from the school canteen before school or at morning tea. 


What do I do with rubbish?

  • Albany Junior High School is a rubbish free site. All plastic, paper and food rubbish must be taken home each day. Students are advised to bring a plastic bag to school to put this rubbish in. Albany Junior High School has no rubbish bins.

What do I do if I am bullied, harassed or discriminated against?

If you are teased or bullied at school, coming to school, or going home from school, you must tell one of these people:

  • Your Whanau Teacher
  • Your Whanau Leader
  • Homeroom Teacher (Year 7&8)
  • Any Classroom Teacher
  • School Counsellor
  • Your ESOL Teacher
  • The International Pastoral Carer
  • The Coordinator of International Students
  • The Senior Management Team

The school does not accept bullying and will do everything it can to prevent you being bullied.

May I use the internet at school?

  • All students must sign a cybersafety agreement before they can use modern technology at the school. E-mail can only be used under supervision. This also applies to using the Internet. A teacher must be present to make sure that you do not hit an unsuitable site. Many internet sites are blocked at school and students cannot access sites they may be able to get at home. The internet may be used for classroom research under a teacher’s supervision.

Can I drink alcohol or smoke in New Zealand?

  • It is against the law to sell tobacco products to people under the age of eighteen in New Zealand. Students are not allowed to smoke at school or when they are representing the school in any way.
  • It is against the law to sell or supply alcoholic products to people under the age of eighteen in New Zealand (except for Legal Guardians and Parents). Students are not allowed to drink at school or when they are representing the school in any way.

Where can I buy my school uniform?

  • New and pre owned school uniform can be purchased from the school uniform shop located on the Ground Floor of the Administration building at School. For information on opening days and times and other uniform related queries please click here +

Where do I catch my bus to school?

Where can I find out about school fees and School Donations?

  • If you have a query regarding school fees please contact Student Accounts on 415 5473 extension 662 or email our new email address
  • If you would like to make payments via internet banking the new School bank account details are 12-3107-0017930-00
  • Please include student name and reason for payment.
  • To view or download a copy of the School Donation please click here +

How can I contact my teachers?

  • For a list of teacher and staff names and emails click here +

Can my parents view school related information about me?

  • Parents and caregivers can view information regarding their child via the school web portal. They must have a User Name and Password which is issued with each Report. If these have been misplaced then a replacement can be requested. Please email to request User Name and Password.

What do my parents do if they have a complaint?

  • For more information regarding Complaint protocols, please click here +